Thursday, April 24, 2008

Odeo and YouTube

I enjoyed using odeo this week. I don't have an iPod yet. Now I'm inspired.

YouTube was a bit more tedious. I found some things I thought were funny. I found some things I thought were bad - really bad. I didn't find alot that I thought was useful and useful is a big plus for me.

If I were going to create something on YouTube for the libary, I would want to make it informative and interesting. What's exciting about libraries is usually not something visual. It's the A on the paper or the fleeting "Yes - I found it." moment.

Probably the best use of a video in libraries is professional development. For example, I am at an academic library with lots of allied health students. I don’t need to use MeSH subject headings very often so it would be great to look at a refresher video before I need to search with MeSH.

No comments: